Tuesday, November 2, 2010

new scientific breakthrough

One of the Chinese girls I work with, Monica, was looking in the mirror of the elevator on the way to lunch messing with her face. I asked Cara what she was doing, and she said her heart hurt. I of course responded to that with, "Well why is she playing with her face if her heart hurts?" Apparently Monica was complaining about a pimple on her face, and according to Chinese beliefs, depending on where a pimple is tells you what part of your body is unhealthy. She had a pimple at the bridge of her nose, therefore her heart hurt. Cara then pointed out that she had a pimple on her chin, which of course meant her stomach is having problems. I wanted to call BS so badly, but instead I played along, asking them how one would fix a hurt heart, when all they have to go by is a pimple on their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment