Friday, October 1, 2010

Where does it stop!?

I've gotten used to getting stared (more like gawked) at, and I've gotten used to people wanting a picture with me...but Friday I made it to a whole new level.

Friday was National Day, so at sunrise (6:10am) they had a special ceremony in Tiananman Square to raise the nation's flag. Thousands (probably tens of thousands) of people came out to support their country. So after probably waking up at 4am, making the trek down there, and excitedly waiting for the flag to be raised, it finally happened...the flag begins to go up. In an effort to have a clear view for pictures, I climbed on my friend's shoulders. Within about a minute apparently the news of my existence (look! a tall, white, blonde girl!! oh my lady gaga!!!!) spread throughout the entire crowd and at least half of them were staring at me and taking pictures. No they were not looking at the flag - they were completely turned around to see ME. ...awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment