Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Grandma's Kitchen!!

I'm beginning my post with this little random fun fact: I've been in China over two months now, and I have not seen ONE fortune cookie. I just want to know whose idea it was to tell everyone over in America that in Chinese cuisine its customary to eat a cardboard-like cookie with a bogus fortune and lucky numbers inside it (and how many lucky numbers can one person need?!)

Anyway, on to a little place called Grandma's Kitchen. Kristen, Dan & Vince (Dance for short), and I decided that after we got paid, we would have to treat ourselves to something nice. After living here for two months and eating rice and some combination of chicken, pork, and veggies for almost every meal, Grandma's Kitchen was absolutely amazing. They serve Western food, and not like Chinese people trying to make Western food (kind of like when you order "Chinese food" in the States). I mean REAL Western food - omelets, buiscuits, pizza, BURGERS, steak, everything.

After much deliberation and careful weighing of the objects, we each ordered our ideal dinner. And holy cow, it did not disappoint.

My order:

bbq bacon cheeseburger
seasoned french fries
mac n cheese
peanut butter milkshake
apple pie

The burger was juicy and smothered in juicy bacon and barbeque sauce, and the hot apple pie was absolutely delicious. The milkshake i washed it all down with was just like the ones you can get back at school at Sutton's (oh how I miss Sutton's!). You better believe there was not a single crumb left after I was through :)

1 comment: