Wednesday, October 27, 2010

hirarious slip up

During National Holiday, I wrote in my journal everday to remember what we did and funny moments we had. I had to write in my chinese notebook because I forgot my journal at home. At my editing job with Siemens yesterday the guy next to me started teaching me Chinese, so I started teaching him English. When I tried, keyword: tried, to speak Chinese, I had to refer to my Chinese notebook most of the time. He asked to read through it because it had chinese/english translations. Eventually he got to the page where my journaling starts. I quickly thought back to what I wrote and decided there was nothing embarrassing or offensive, so I just let him read it. Great idea, Kristen!

Then he gets to a story about suomething super Asian, so naturally I referred to it like: "It was hirarious!" So he's reading along and goes "It.....was.....uh....what is that word?" I froze and finally mustered out, "It's a joke. Just a joke! Go to the next word!"

Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment