Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tony moments

Tony, one of the Chinese teachers at my school, is always a character. But today he out did himself.

All of this hilariousness happened within a ten minute convo.

--I started playing music in the office, and on came Colorblind by Counting Crows. I asked Tony if he knew who Counting Crows is and he responded, "No, I know just Bon Jovi." Hm, comparable. But it gets better. Then I played Tiny Dancer by Elton John. I said, "Oh, Tony, you must know who this is." ...no response..."You know, Elton John...you know him right?" He replies, "I don't know him, just I know Britney Spears." HUGE SIGH.

--Then I played Cinderella Man by Eminem, and he started making up a ballet dance to it. "Cinderella" (relevee) "Man" (plie)...Oh yea, I bet my two-year-olds are gonna dig that musical number.

--Then we started talking about movies. Tony was trying really hard to describe a movie to me and kept calling it "After Yesterday." Confused, he finally looked it up online. Turns out he meant, "The Day After Tomorrow." Duh.

--And while all of this is going on, Tony is wearing a shirt with a huge flamingo on it, with a 3D bobble head on the shoulder and a cute pink bow tied around its neck. Obviously, I'm able to take him seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment