Monday, January 21, 2013

so close I can see/smell/taste it

I'm heading back to China, y'all! That means the blog is coming back. Yesterday launched my one month countdown until departure, reminding me of how much I have to do before then, thus leading me to the only obvious solution...a check list.

This weekend I went to Mississippi with my mom and dad to see my grandma, whom I haven't seen since Feb. 2010. I spent so much of my time with her growing up, I can't believe I let it get so long in between visits. The great news is, she is doing miraculously better, praise God!! She knew who we were immediately and was able to partake in basic conversations and eat soft foods. I saw other family members and friends and relived parts of my childhood that seemed just like yesterday. There's no place like Gulfport!


--apply for visa
--apply for student scholarship
--garage sale
--find an apartment
--sell my car ('07 manual Toyota Corolla w/only 54,000 miles...interested?!)
--go snowboarding
--visit UNC (would be ideal to see a bball game)
--set up int'l banking
--have a chat with Verizon/Apple
--buy long johns, and potentially an air purifier
--eye (Friday) and dermatologist appointment (tbd)
--order more contacts (at least 3 weeks out)
--use my wine & design coupon
--update...OK, recreate my iTunes since it crashed on me


Additionally, I want to eat as much cheese and chocolate as possible. No Asian food for the next month, just wait for the good stuff. And spend as much time with friends, family and my dog as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment