Monday, September 20, 2010

Do you want this or that? Yes.

I feel like I live every day of my life in the scenes from Love Actually, when the British man and Portuguese woman talk with each other not knowing what the other is saying, but still somehow manage to feel as if they just had a conversation. When I was playing with Zhu Zhu the other day, she would say something to me, I would respond as if I knew exactly what she was saying, and so it continued for an hour. My Chinese assistants and I have conversations that at the end of the day leave me wondering what we actually talked about. So is the life of a below beginners level Chinese speaker in China.

Wo xiang ni le! (To keep all things consistant, just pretend like you know what i said!)

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment