Because of the 23 million people just in the city of Beijing, the government has put a restraint on driving, so that if you own a car, you are only allowed to drive six days a week. The last number of your license plate indicates on which of the seven days you are not allowed to drive.
Today, while sitting in my cab in traffic, I witnessed a man get out of his car, walk to the back and stick a CD in the rim of the license plate. I thought it was pretty silly, thinking maybe it was weird Chinese advertising. Nope. He wasn't supposed to be driving that day, so he thought it would be clever and inconspicuous and probably ethically sound to just cover it up with a CD.
The real oddity of this is that I'm sure no one else thought anything of it, and I'm near positive that the police wouldn't do anything if they saw.
No comments:
Post a Comment